As I was walking back from the coffee shop day before yesterday, something caught my eye from what has become known as the "Cross Field" (named for the giant cross that was put there a few years ago for the big Christian music festival they used to have here in the summers). As I stopped at the gate, I decided go through and walk all the way up cross. The sight was utterly breathtaking. The sun was setting just beyond the treeline, and it was hanging right behind the cross. It was the first sunny day we have had in quite awhile; I sat on one of the tree stumps and I embraced the beauty around me. The cool breeze brushed my face as I gazed up at the cross. At that moment, a flock of birds flew hurriedly out of the clump of trees that stood to the left and I watched as they fluttered right across the sky. Not even a minute later, there came another bird from the same tree but for some reason, he flew the other direction(way to be a non-conformist, bird). I watched as he drifted away into the bright tangerine sky. I was overcome with such an array of emotions and thoughts, I sat down and pulled out my journal and scribbled it all down before I lost any of it.
The sun is barely peeking over the horizon. Dark will be here soon. The orange circle fades away.
Time disappears so quickly.
Looking at where I am. Now.
SPEC. London. England. Earth. This is my life right now.
What does it mean to have life? What does it mean to live as if you were to die tomorrow? What does it mean to be created by God, the Almighty Creator? What does it mean to walk and serve like Jesus, the true Christ himself? What does it mean to live to your full potential?
To be what God created you to be?
What does it mean to be your own true self?
What does it mean to LIVE in the moment?
What does it mean to live in truth?
Honesty.
Determination.
Hope.
It's like the setting sun. Though the day is over, it's time to rest, it knows that tomorrow is another day. Tomorrow there will be light again.
All the darkness in the world cannot overcome one single flicker of light.
This is what it means.
To be living as a beloved child of God. Created in His image.
To be living.
moving.
breathing.
hoping.
loving.
Rise up.
For today is your day.
MOVE.
LIVE.
BREATHE.
embrace life.
one sunset at a time.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment